Brokers by Type
Licensed stock market brokers collaborate with depositories to store traders’ and investors’ assets.
Comment by Rating Forex: Individuals with the appropriate license can theoretically mediate, but online trading through companies with advanced infrastructure is more convenient.
Stock market brokers offer trading accounts and APIs for management. Various terminals, including MT5, can be used, enabling automated trading.
For Russian assets, check the MOEX stock market broker list, compare with Rating Forex to filter out low-reputation companies.
Services Offered by the Best Stock Brokers in Russia
Stockbrokers provide three main services:
- Trading: Active trading of financial instruments, profiting from price differences in futures or spot market assets.
- Investments: Long-term investment in financial instruments, earning through coupons and dividends, including broker structural products.
- Individual Investment Accounts (IIAs): Similar to investments but with volume and time restrictions, designed for tax reduction.
Trading suits those with small to medium capital seeking immediate returns. Investments preserve savings and guard against inflation, with lower returns and risks.
Rating Forex Tip: IIAs are great for novice investors, helping them learn without mistakes.
Stock Brokers for Foreign Stocks
Three options for working with foreign financial assets:
- Stockbrokers supporting SPB trading.
- Foreign stock intermediaries.
Dealing with local brokers for foreign stocks can be challenging due to:
- Language barriers.
- Document requirements.
- Double taxation.
Registering and opening accounts with foreign stock brokers is complex, requiring expertise in international stock trading.
Sub-brokers, intermediaries between traders and foreign brokers, charge higher commissions but offer benefits:
- No language barriers.
- Tax agency services.
- A wide range of assets.
- No issues with depositories.
- Simple document processing.
SPB offers popular assets, and sub-brokers provide access to second-tier securities with higher returns and risks.
Stock Broker Ratings
Broker lists and ratings update regularly based on service analysis, helping you choose a profitable and secure trading partner.
Reliable stock brokers operate legally and respect traders’ rights, but conditions vary. Choose a broker that aligns with your goals:
- Traders prefer low per-trade commissions.
- Investors seek affordable account maintenance, ideally with no monthly fees when inactive.
Capital size and turnover matter, with many brokers offering discounts for large clients or active traders.
Some brokers provide informational support, beneficial for novice traders.